This week brings good news for the WordPress community: the localization management platform POEditor has just published a step by step guide on how to use its translation plugin for WordPress, a tool especially designed to manage the translation of themes and plugins directly from your WordPress dashboard.
The guide describes in detail the 5 basic steps that need to be taken to set up a WordPress localization workflow with the POEditor plugin. In short, these are:
- Generate API token in POEditor account and use it in WordPress with the POEditor plugin.
- Create a translation project.
- Add a language to the created project and link to it a local WordPress language file.
- Send the terms from the linked file to the POEditor localization platform in order to be translated.
- Retrieve the localized language files to WordPress account.
POEditor offers its localization services for free up to 1000 strings, which should be enough for translating the default WordPress theme in 9 languages.
You can read the full WordPress localization management guide from POEditor on the POEditor blog.